Applications for DWLA’s 2019 Leadership Class are now available. The deadline for submission is March 29 by 5pm.
DWLA Leadership Class is a DWLA initiative created to further its mission of elevating the standing of women in the legal profession. The Leadership Class will benefit women law students by providing students with the tools to develop the professional skills necessary for success and leadership positions in law, business, government, the nonprofit sector, and the judiciary.
Applicants will be chosen based on their demonstrated commitment to elevating the standing of women in the legal profession. Each year, DWLA selects approximately 12 (twelve) applicants to join its Leadership Class.
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Mandatory Retreat: May 18, 2019, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Mandatory summer workshops (2): one lunch, one evening (date TBD–will consider participants schedules)
1. Available to attend retreat and summer workshops;
2. Commitment to attend class meetings (scheduled by participants);
3. Commitment to work with class participants on a service project (project and project completion date chosen by participants);
4. Currently enrolled in law school and J.D. expected after May 2019; and
5. Applicant attends a Texas law school or otherwise has ties to Texas and has accepted a school program, internship, externship, or clerkship in Dallas-Fort Worth for the summer of 2019.