Applications for DWLA’s 2020 Leadership Class are now available. The deadline for submission is March 27 by 5pm. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO Friday, April 10th by 5:00p.m.
DWLA Leadership Class is a DWLA initiative created to further its mission of elevating the standing of women in the legal profession. The Leadership Class will benefit women law students by providing students with the tools to develop the professional skills necessary for success and leadership positions in law, business, government, the nonprofit sector, and the judiciary.
Applicants will be chosen based on their demonstrated commitment to elevating the standing of women in the legal profession. Each year, DWLA selects approximately 12 (twelve) applicants to join its Leadership Class.
Application Deadline: March 27, 2020 by 5 p.m. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO Friday, April 10th by 5:00p.m.
Mandatory Retreat: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Mandatory summer workshop: one evening event (date TBD–will consider class participants’ schedules)
- Available to attend all-day retreat and one summer workshop (evening event);
- Commitment to attend class meetings over the summer (3 evening meetings with facilitators + additional meetings as scheduled by class participants);
- Commitment to work with class participants on a service project (project, project workload and project completion date chosen by class participants);
- Currently enrolled in law school with a graduation date of May 2021 or later; and
- Attends a Texas law school or provides a demonstrated commitment to work in the legal profession in the Dallas community during the summer of 2020.