Applications for DWLA’s 2021 Leadership Class are now available. The deadline for submission is March 26 by 5pm.
DWLA Leadership Class is a DWLA initiative created to further its mission of elevating the standing of women in the legal profession. The Leadership Class will benefit women law students by providing students with the tools to develop the professional skills necessary for success and leadership positions in law, business, government, the nonprofit sector, and the judiciary.
Applicants will be chosen based on their demonstrated commitment to elevating the standing of women in the legal profession. Each year, DWLA selects approximately 12 (twelve) applicants to join its Leadership Class.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021 by 5 p.m.
Mandatory Retreat: Saturday, May 15, 2020, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Mandatory summer workshop: one evening event (date TBD–will consider class participants’ schedules)
- Available to attend retreat and one summer workshop (evening event);
- Commitment to attend class meetings (minimum of 3 evening meetings with facilitators + additional meetings if scheduled by class participants);
- Commitment to work with class participants on a service project (project, project workload and project completion date chosen by class participants);
- Currently enrolled in law school and J.D. expected after May 2021; and
- Attends SMU, TAMU, UNT Dallas, Baylor, UT or OU law school, OR provides a demonstrated commitment to work in the legal profession in the Dallas community during the summer of 2021.