Civitas Capital Group
Civitas is seeking a real estate associate attorney preferably with 5-7 years of experience, preferably in a large law firm setting, in handling a wide variety of sophisticated commercial real estate transactions including purchases, sales, leasing, development, management, and ventures.
Key responsibility will be to analyze potential real estate development and acquisition deals, with focus on issues of regulatory and fund governing document compliance and deal structure. You will also be required to carefully evaluate, articulate, and mitigate the risks associated with deals to senior investment team members.
The position will report to the Director & General Counsel, but will also require direct interaction with senior and executive management.
• Provides advice and direction to the Firm. Drafts and reviews legal documents and reviews proposed transactions to ensure maximum benefit to the company and minimize exposure to risk.
• Responsible for legal aspects of real estate transactions, commercial leases, title work, construction contracts, real estate regulatory issues, and ancillary real estate transactional documents and agreements.
• Leads due diligence in real estate deals, including maintaining and preparing checklists, critical deadline reports, reviewing easements, restrictions, environmental reports, zoning matters, and other critical due diligence matters.
• Negotiates directly with opposing parties to resolve existing, ongoing, or anticipated issues.
• Advises the Firm and actively participates in the resolution of real estate related legal issues and disputes. Accurately identifies and assesses risks and determines and effectuates appropriate course for specific business areas. Identifies, assesses, approves, and recommends changes to business partners.
• Handles complex legal matters within area of responsibility. Retains, monitors, and evaluates the performance of Outside Counsel relationships and budgeting within area.
• Monitors and interprets changes to and trends in government and legislative policies at the federal, state, and/or local level. Determines company impact and advises management accordingly.
• Reviews company policies and procedures as assigned and provides legal advice as to their compliance with applicable laws.
• Evaluates legal issues involved in claims by or against the company and determines the appropriateness of litigation or settlement.
• All other duties as needed or required.
• Juris Doctorate required. Must have a current license in the State of Texas.
• 5 to 7 years of recent real estate commercial transactions practice experience required. In-house experience a plus. Superior academic record.
• Substantial and direct experience negotiating commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, loans, and/or leasing with opposing parties.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Leadership experience with the ability to identify and mitigate potential risks through collaboration with executives.
• Established knowledge of multiple types of real estate investments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Foreign language skills and advanced technical skills are also a plus.
• Ability to thrive in a highly diverse and international environment.
Contact Sonja Milton firstname.lastname@example.org