Bankruptcy Partner/Of Counsel
The Bankruptcy Partner/Of Counsel will have 10 or more years applicable experience in Chapter 11 representation and Chapter 7 commercial cases. This position is full time, partnership track, and preferably located in Houston, Austin or Dallas TX.
– Represent and counsels creditors, contractual counter-parties, vendors and other clients across a variety of industries from local and regional bankruptcy cases to large “mega” cases.
– Works with members of the Firm’s litigation, corporate and transactional, oil and gas and other practice groups on matters involving bankruptcy, possible bankruptcy and other financial restructuring and insolvency issues.
– Advises clients regarding restructuring and insolvency matters.
– Represent clients in contested cases and adversary hearings in bankruptcy courts in all Texas districts
– Provides legal analysis and strategy formation.
– Represents and advises clients on related issues, including security interests, under the Texas Business & Commerce Code, real estate financing and financing mechanic’s liens, and debt collection.
– Representation includes both non-judicial and judicial enforcement of liens.
– Representation in workouts and restructurings that may stem from commercial real estate transactions, commercial financing or others.
– The candidate will be responsible for restructuring, reorganizing, creditors’ rights, and insolvency-related litigation.
– Bachelor’s degree and J.D.
– Licensed in the State of Texas
– Licensed in the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts
– Strong knowledge of Title 11
– Familiarity with Texas bankruptcy courts
– Experience in commercial litigation and representation in financial transactions a plus
– Demonstrated business development experience and success
– Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
– Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
– Prepare and present CLE presentations on bankruptcy matters
– Participate in firm-sponsored meetings and events
– Be active in community and professional associations and activities
– Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), PACER, Adobe Acrobat, SalesForce or other customer relationship management software, iManage or other document management system, and Elite or other enterprise timekeeping system
– Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, proactive, cooperative, and positive client-centric attitude that embraces diversity and inclusion
– Ability to work independently and responsibly
-Ability to work in a team with other lawyers and paralegals from various practice groups of the Firm.
– How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and transcript to email@example.com. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About McGinnis Lochridge
For more than 90 years, McGinnis Lochridge has provided legal expertise through its offices in Austin, Houston, Dallas and Decatur, Texas. We are the oldest law firm in Austin and have more than 65 attorneys in the firm. McGinnis Lochridge provides legal counsel on business and financial matters, as well as advocacy for clients before administrate agencies, at the State Capitol, and in courthouses across Texas and throughout the Southwest. The firm serves clients in many areas, including oil and gas, electric energy, employment law, financial services, international trade law, commercial litigation, corporate, technology, trust and estates, and land use, water, and real estate. Please visit mcginnislaw.com for more information.