The Compliance Regulatory Group (CREG): CREG provides leadership, advice and mentorship to business partners on the applicability of industry rules and regulations; responds to regulatory inquiries and complaints forwarded to the Firm by regulators; assesses and fulfills regulatory disclosure reporting obligations for litigation/arbitration matters and complaints; and handles examinations by banking and securities regulators. The Director, Compliance (Bank Regulatory Exams and Inquiries) will serve as the primary point of contact for examinations by our prudential banking regulators that involve Compliance, review and respond to inquiries received on behalf of our banks, and assist the Managing Director with responsibilities related to Regulatory Organizational Change and the firmwide complaints program.
What you’re good at
- Coordinate and run regulatory examinations in concert with the CREG Managing Director and the Regulatory Liaison Office.
- Communicate directly with regulators including handling and tracking requests for information and facilitating meetings and interviews of firm personnel.
- Coordinate and handle responses to exam requests, review written exam responses for relevance and completeness, and prepare personnel for interviews by the regulators.
- Review, research and respond to sophisticated inquiries from various prudential and securities regulators involving our banks in connection with individual requests for documents and information.
- Analyze inquiries and materials collected for red flags and issues requiring follow up.
- Execute daily, weekly or monthly tasks associated with inquiry handling such as tracking inquiries, developing reports for senior management and performing quality assurance reviews on inquiry responses completed by others.
- Participate in monthly governance processes administered by the Regulatory Organizational Change team.
- Assist with ongoing analysis and coordination in connection with program improvements related to the firmwide complaints program.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum 5-7 years relevant experience in a law firm, in-house legal or regulatory compliance department or federal regulatory agency. A JD is not required, but would be preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to interpret regulations and regulatory guidance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levelsof an organization.
- Knowledge of banking industry regulatory frameworks and practices.
What you are good at:
- Demonstrating outstanding judgment as well as a broad understanding of the potential implications of actions and decisions.
- Acting conclusively in making solid, informed judgment calls in response to both the regulatory environment and the day-to-day business issues, with appropriate advancement where needed.
- Recognizing and taking proactive steps to address something that needs to be done rather than waiting for direction.
- Working collaboratively with various groups with potentially disparate objectives.
- Willingness to cross-train and be a standout colleague if asked to assist with CREG activities beyond examinations and inquiries.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple conflicting priorities with associated deadlines.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law.
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
Please reach out to Ariel Veroske, Talent Acquisition, with any questions Ariel.firstname.lastname@example.org