The Civil District Judges of Dallas County are seeking applicants for the position, and they have requested I advertise the position with the Dallas Bar Association, as well as the sister Bar Associations, including the Dallas Women Lawyers Association. The deadline for applicants to apply online is December 1, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
Civil District Courts Seek Associate Judge Applicants
The Civil District Courts of Dallas County are seeking applicants to fill the position of full-time Associate Judge.
The duties of the position are demanding, wide-ranging and generally may involve most matters typically assigned to a civil district court in Dallas County. See Tex. Gov’t Code § 54A.108, et seq. The annual salary for the position is approximately $144, 956.64.
To be qualified for the appointment an applicant must, among other things:
1) Be a resident of this state and Dallas County:
2) Be, and continuously have been for at least four years, a member in good standing of the State Bar of Texas and have been licensed to practice law in this state for a continuous period of at least four years at the time of appointment:
3) Be competent to perform all the duties of the office; be of good moral character; be committed to equal justice under the law; be patient and courteous; and be capable of deliberation and decisiveness;
4) Not be related to, or have, or have had, a close personal relationship with a judge of the Civil District Courts;
5) Not have been removed from office by impeachment, by the supreme court, by the governor on address to the legislature, by a tribunal reviewing a recommendation of the State Commission on Judicial Conduct, or by the legislature’s abolition of the judge’s court;
6) Not have resigned from office after having received notice that formal proceedings by the State Commission on Judicial Conduct had been instituted against the applicant as provided in Tex. Gov’t Code § 33.022;
7) Agree to resign the position of Associate Judge upon becoming a candidate for elective office, as defined in Miscellaneous Order No. 2-2012, on file in the minutes of the 95th Judicial District Court;
8) Possess significant civil court experience.
Applicants must submit an online application for the position using the form on the Dallas County Human Resources website at:
https://dallascounty.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl. IRC position # 006880.
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m., December 1, 2021, at which time all timely received applications will be delivered to the Presiding Civil District Judge. A two-thirds majority of the duly elected Civil District Judges will make the appointment to the office, which has been authorized by the Dallas County Commissioners Court in the Fiscal Year 2022 budget.
The names of the applicants and all applications will be kept confidential unless the applicant consents to disclosure, and all applications will be examined only by members of the employees of the office of District Court Administration, the authority designated to conduct background check of applicants, and the judges of the Civil District Courts. The deliberations of the judges will remain confidential.