Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking a Private Investment Funds Associate with five or more years of experience to join the Corporate Group in our Dallas office. This associate will work with sponsors of and investors in investment funds (including private equity, real estate and credit funds) and other investment vehicles in structuring, offering, managing, investing and related regulatory matters.
The following qualifications are required:
– at least five years of experience with investment fund formation and offerings (both domestic and offshore funds)
– experience in one or more of the following: (1) formation of private fund investment funds, fund/sponsor management companies and fund general partners; (2) reviewing and negotiating fund documents on behalf of institutional investors; (3) general limited partnership and limited liability company formation experience; (4) managed accounts and single investor funds; and (5) compliance procedures for investment advisers and other private investment fund regulatory and compliance matters
– client-service orientation
– top academic credentials
– Texas bar admission
The following qualifications are a plus:
– working knowledge of applicable securities laws and regulations (Securities Act of 1933, the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act)
– familiarity with applicable tax and ERISA issues relevant to funds
– underlying private equity deal experience
Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collaborative and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners); Dorsey & Whitney 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan; 15 weeks of paid parental leave, plus an additional 6-8 weeks of paid short-term disability for lawyers who give birth; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; education and college advising programs; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more!
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
Clients have relied on the international law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP since 1912 as a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner. With locations across the United States as well as Canada, Europe and Asia, Dorsey provides an integrated, dedicated approach to its clients’ legal and business needs. Dorsey’s diverse client base includes more than one-third of Fortune 100 companies.
Our lawyers apply superb legal knowledge and skills with practical wisdom and a deep understanding of business and industry. We serve clients in nearly all industries, but focus on six key industries in which we have excellent depth and a history of achieving client success:
– Banking and Financial Institutions
– Development and Infrastructure
– Energy & Natural Resources
– Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
Dorsey’s distinguished alumni include U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun, noted law professor and scholar William Prosser and former U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale. Recognized for our dedication to community, Dorsey has met the ABA Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge every year since the Challenge began in 1993 by devoting more than 3% of billable hours to pro bono work.
One of our greatest strengths is a friendly, cooperative culture that values and appreciates each individual. Dorsey has received external recognition for our welcoming workplace, including:
– Mansfield Certification Plus (Diversity Lab)
– Best Law Firms for Women (National Association of Female Executives and Flex-Time Lawyers)
– 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign)
– Gold Standard Certification (Women in Law Empowerment Forum)
– Adoption Advocate (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
How to Apply
Dorsey accepts online applications at http://www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5149.
Please reach out to email@example.com with questions.