BREAKFAST AND BREAKOUTS
September 15 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 am
The Dallas Women Lawyers Association (“DWLA”), in partnership with the National Association of Women Lawyers (“NAWL”) and the General Counsel Host Committee, invites you to take part in a groundbreaking program, where law firm leadership will discuss tangible policies and strategies that have a direct impact on women lawyers.
Our hope is that, through this program, we can ignite real change by reaching those who have the biggest bearing on the success of women in private practice – the decision makers, compensation drivers, and policy creators.
The program will be held on Thursday, September 15th at the Arts District Mansion from 7:30am to 9:30am as follows:
- 7:30 – 8:00am: Breakfast with the General Counsel Host Committee
- 8:00 – 8:30am: Presentation of the 2021 NAWL Survey on the Promotion and Retention of Women in Law Firms which closely tracks the promotion and retention of women and other traditionally underrepresented groups in law firms through statistics related to compensation, performance evaluation, promotion, and succession planning.
- 8:30 – 9:30am: Law firm leadership will roundtable proposed solutions to the issues raised in the survey, participating in an idea share that will hopefully create measurable change in the women-facing policies at Dallas firms.
To foster genuine and thought-provoking conversation between leaders, the following managing partners and office managing partners have also committed to serve as table facilitators:
- Trey Cox, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Krista Hanvey, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Kristin Snyder Higgins, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Christopher D. Kratovil, Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Monica Latin, Carrington Coleman Sloman & Blumenthal, L.L.P.
- Jill Louis, Perkins Coie LLP
- Courtney Marcus, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Wendy Trahan Salinas, Vinson & Elkins, LLP
- Taylor H. Wilson, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Angela Zambrano, Sidley Austin LLP
DWLA, NAWL, and our General Counsel Host Committee look forward to your participation in this program and your contribution to a critical conversation that will empower women lawyers in our community.
Thursday, September 15th
7:30am to 9:30am
Arts District Mansion