Legal – Assistant General Counsel, Auto Finance Law – Vice President
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
The Legal Department is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Auto legal team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice and assistance on consumer laws and regulations as they impact the bank’s retail auto business. They will act autonomously as a subject matter expert and continuously seek opportunities to develop new skills. They will have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence their peers. They will have a sense of humor, an open mind, and a keen intellectual curiosity.
- Counseling and assisting the Consumer Auto business on a variety of strategic and tactical issues involving indirect auto lending, lease and vehicle remarketing activities.
- Providing legal advice regarding product development, digital services, marketing and resale.
- Participating in various control, compliance and risk initiatives that affect the Consumer Auto business.
- Working with the business to implement changes responsive to federal and state legal and regulatory requirements.
- Participating in cross-line of business initiatives and working with other legal teams to ensure consistent interpretation and application of laws across Consumer & Community Banking, as appropriate.
- All other duties as necessary or assigned in connection with legal support to the business.
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- At least 6 years post-admission experience in a law firm or in-house.
- Financial institution representation is preferred.
- Experience in assisting the business implement new initiatives is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of applicable consumer finance laws is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with legal and non-legal colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, manage complex projects and multitask successfully in fast-paced and changing business environment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.