Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer’s favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you’ll make a difference in one of life’s most important events—buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. We’ve got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
At Redfin, you’ll be unleashed to deliver scrappy, creative legal advice and delightful client service. You’ll have a lightning-quick sense of humor and drive to tackle a wide range of legal and business challenges, many of which we haven’t even thought of yet. You’ll also have mind-bending legal, writing, interpersonal, and client-service skills, plus plain old common sense. This is a Remote position. #LI-Remote
We’re looking for a sharp, well-rounded attorney to act as the primary lawyer to RedfinNow, our revolutionary iBuying business.
A diverse, inclusive culture is vital to Redfin’s mission of making real estate better for people from all walks of life. We’re proud that Redfin is a place where different points of view and backgrounds are encouraged and respected. We constantly strive to build a company that reflects the world around us, based on our conviction that pursuing and developing talent of all types is the only way for a business to thrive over the long haul.
- Act as the general counsel to RedfinNow, our iBuying business that is disrupting the traditional home selling experience with instant cash offers
- Act as the general counsel to the Redfin Home Services team that renovates and prepares homes for RedfinNow and our listing customers through our Concierge service offering
- Build and lead a team to provide legal support to these lines of business as they grow
- Manage large and amorphous projects in a way that inspires confidence in your client
- Act as a thought leader on how to redefine real estate for customers, with the highest legal and ethical standards
- Five+ years of top-notch legal experience in a combination of law firm and in-house settings
- Experience in real estate or construction is a plus; eagerness to learn is a necessity
- Experience with people management, including developing and leading a team
- Strong ability to listen to, empathize with, and provide unobtrusive but effective and influential advice to clients at all levels of the organization
- Motivation to take ownership of projects and functions and get things done
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to persuasively convey the implications of legal issues to Redfin employees and executives
- Infectious and joyful approach to tackling complex problems, and a compulsion to wow internal clients with outstanding service
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we’ve designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce, customers and third parties, Redfin conducts background screening after making conditional offers for employment. All screening is conducted consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance and state and local Fair Chance Act guidance, and Redfin encourages applications from, and fully considers, qualified applicants with criminal record histories.
For Colorado applicants:
Starting Base Salary: $122,500.00 – 183,800.00. Actual starting base salary will depend on varying circumstances, including individual qualifications, market finances, and other operational business needs.
– Potential for quarterly bonuses based on company performance.
– Potential for merit increases and stock grants based on performance.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees: Three weeks of paid vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, sick leave, and flex days; eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits; flexible spending account; health savings account; life and disability insurance; fertility benefits; commuter benefits; Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k).
Please apply via this link: https://redfin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/redfin_careers/job/US—Remote/Manager–RedfinNow-Legal_48721