|Mission Foods is looking for an employment attorney who has extensive experience advising employers on the full spectrum of employment and labor law issues to join its legal team as its Director, Labor & Employment Counsel. The position will report directly to the VP Legal, General Counsel. The position is On-Site, Irving, TX.
• Advise executives, supervisors, managers and human resources personnel on a full range of employment and labor law issues, including hiring, leave and accommodation, discipline, terminations, collective bargaining agreements, labor relations, grievances, general employment compliance, and employment and employment-related contracts;
• Review and provide guidance on drafting and implementing employment and HR-related policies and procedures;
• Manage the company’s employment-related claims, litigation, administrative claims, EEOC charges and labor grievances;
• Prepare and conduct training for human resources personnel, supervisors and managers on issues relating to hiring, leave and accommodation, discipline, harassment/EEO and other employment issues;
• Monitor new legislation and regulatory changes impacting employment and labor laws and employee compensation and benefits;
• Assist in the drafting and negotiation of contracts that impact employment-related matters, including those vendors providing employment-related services; and
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• JD degree from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar.
• 8+ years of legal practice experience in the employment field with a law firm and/or in-house legal department, including experience in traditional labor matters and collective bargaining negotiations.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications.
Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.