The Hartford currently has an in-house opportunity for a Senior Staff Attorney – Tort and General Liability in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. This is a remote position.
This position partners with our insureds and claim centers to deliver the best possible result in pending litigation
The Senior Staff Attorney will:
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of clients, as well as in the prosecution of subrogation actions on behalf of The Hartford.
- Prepare complex pleadings, written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies without supervision because of level of experience and expertise.
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients and claims on legal and factual issues.
- Communicate with the court, witnesses, opposing counsel and co-counsel in a manner consistent with established office procedures.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
- Independently prepares and presents witnesses and evidence at trials, judicial and administrative hearings, arbitrations and alternative dispute resolutions.
- Research, draft, file and argue appellate briefs in reviewing courts on behalf of clients.
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- JD from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of Texas.
- Experienced litigation attorney
- Focus on GL and Risk transfer Experience
- Jury trial experience required
- 10+ years law practice, preferably within the insurance defense industry
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The location of this remote position is flexible within the Fort Worth/Dallas, TX area.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
To formally apply please visit www.thehartford.com/careers and job #1701875.